Thursday, October 14, 2010

Flame

Oh the harsh cries and tear stained cheeks
The broken sword and broken shield
War rages upon my soul today
The blood stained sky and broken earth
Tell my story of how I fight for life
I watch the fire burn my world away
And I am left to clean up my ashes

My enemies cloaked in darkness
Black as midnight sun
Gather on all sides thirsting for life
They fight with assassins blades
With poison and daggers
From the pits of hell they strike
Like a ocean of fire hungry for the souls of man
burning tongues and deceitful whispers are their allies
And I am left to clean up the ashes

You are on of them
I see the chains about your hands
You say you are a free man
Do you not see the iron bonds or
Feel the sting upon your back
How lost can men be
To say they are free yet live in slavery
Wrapped in chains and suffering there souls are
They have no desire for its end
They are feed to their selfish flames
And I am left to clean up the ashes

A sensual flame is still fire
A fire burns and destroys
It will never say
That is all, the thirst of a flame
Cannot be quenched by anything but water
Yet you stand there and fan the flames of your
Own destruction
And I am left here to clean up your ashes

I watch the ones I love stick there hands in fire
Finding pleasure in the pain
The flame warps and burns there skin
They smile
I beg them, “ Please stop !you are burning!”
Still they do not pull out
And I am left to clean up their ashes


No comments:

Post a Comment