Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Raven (parody based on "The Raven" by Edgar Allan Poe)

In the midnight cold of black December
I sit alone my heart a slumber
My heart breaks and burns
But it can not shut out my stomach's yearns
Black is my heart and black is my mind
But oh i tell you my stomach is alive
Not even the deathly stab of loves hellish blade
Could make my hunger fade

As I sit alone in my pit
In flies a raven and on my shelf
Does sit, black and cold as my heart
I look into its freezing death of its eyes
And remember the cold touch of my lover's hand
As wheeled away by the grim reapers cart
I must know that my lover is dead and yet i live on
As i live must also i eat

Can the raven see into my soul?
as my lover could before
Does he know whether the carving knife
will be sharp or dull?
Then the raven spoke, a small shrill tone
Quote the raven, "more then skin and bone"
My imagination it may be, but either way
I am going to feast

I jump and run, shut the window
And still the raven does not stir
Perhaps it did not think me a foe
As i watched him sit like a cat my
Gullet did purr, with my heart in
Crazy delight i sneaked up on the raven
I was hidden behind his eyes and out
of sight; i will eat tonight

I grab the raven in my fist and quickly
Put it to a rest before it can resist
I did not bother to remove the feathers
I think raw it would taste better
I take my first bite and send myself into bliss
Thinking of my lover as i strive to live
As i try to swallow fear strikes my heart
It seems a bone i did miss; the room goes black
As the raven puts me to a end, i do not resist,
It seems me and my lover will be reunited again

No comments:

Post a Comment